HOW I EDIT MY PICTURES FOR INSTAGRAM | PART 2 (PORTRAITS)
Welcome to PART 2 of the How I Edit My Pictures For Instagram Series. Today I’m going to be showing you how I edit my portraits! Once again, just a dissclaimer, I don’t always use the same techniques to edit and I try out a lot of looks before I settle for the edits I feel work best for the picture. Use these pictorials as a guide and try not to copy all my methods. Remember to stay true to yourself and find what works for you, don’t copy literally everything!
1) The first thing I did was remove the blemishes on my face using the healing tool.
2) I don’t always do this, but I didn’t like the size of the image so I cropped some parts out, using “free crop tool”
3) Next, I go to grainy filter and look for a filter that goes best with the picture I’m editing and my aesthetic. Sometimes I use multiple filters
on different parts of the picture to get what I want. In this case, I used “XO2” for the background edit. After picking the filter, I open up the brush and colour the parts I want to have the edit. I did this twice with 2 filters. “X04” is a softer filter so I used this on my skin
4) I went on to darken the picture to fit my dark feed. I used just a little for this as you can see.
5) And then I tune the image to make it pop more, this step is one I never miss when editing!
6) I continue with editing my skin by using the “portrait” tool to smoothen my skin, brighten my eyes and face!
7) In this step, I add darkness, light and warmth to some parts of the picture. For instance, I darkened the background, added a little highlight on my cheek bone and warmth on my face!
8) And then finally, I go on to add some detail by using “structure”. I turned it up to 54 which gives wayy too much texture to my skin! So I used the brush tool and brushed on 100% texture to the background and 25% texture to my skin.
And that’s all I did to edit this picture! I hope you found this post helpful. If you did please give it a like, leave a comment and feel free to share the post! Learn how I edit my food pictures from instagram HERE ! See you in the next Part. Have a lovely week lovelies x