HOW I EDIT MY PICTURES FOR INSTAGRAM | PART 5 (LANDSCAPE)
Finally, I bring you Part 5 from the How I Edit My Pictures For Instagram Series. If you missed out on the other parts of this series, catch up here:
Today I’ll be showing you how I changed the colour of the sky in this landscape picture!
1) First thing I do as always is to add my favorite filter (X03) to the picture and I used +66 as the style strength for this picture.
2) Following my normal routine, I tune the image to add a bit more texture..
3) Next I add a Retrolux filter to add a little color to it before I can add more later on using curves. I don’t want this filter on all parts of my picture so I color it in only on the parts I want (the sky)
4) I desaturate the road using the saturation tool (-10) to draw more attention to the sky!
5) Now for the fun part, adding more color to the sky! I loveeee purple skies so I went for that in this edit (you can experiment with other colors). All I did was play with the curves till I found the perfect purple hue, and then I colored in the edit only on the sky!
6) Next I darken the image to fit my aesthetic!
7) I reduced the texture on the sky using the selective tool to give it a smooth look!
8) I usually just go over and darken the parts I feel are too light (I get paranoid lol)
9) And finally I added some structure to give the picture a bit more oomph!
And there you go! By following these simple steps, you too can achieve this look on your pictures!
I hope you guys found this helpful, if you enjoyed it please let me know in the comments… and don’t forget to like and share with your people too! Haha I hope you all have an amazing weekend, see you in the next blog post!